Volunteers Commit To:
- Provide childcare at least once every two months.
- Actively participate in the volunteer orientation, and occasional trainings/skill-building sessions.
- Interact with parents, children, and organizations in a way that aligns with the collective’s goals.
About the Application Process
Application to the DCCC is a mutual process! You'll learn about us, we learn about you, and we both decide if we'd like to work together. Here's how it goes:
- Apply Online: The online application takes about 15-30 minutes to complete. Before applying, we encourage you to read our About page, read about how collectives function, and email us with any questions you may have.
- Interview with a Collective Member: We’ll be in touch with you within two weeks after receiving your application to schedule an interview, followed by reference checks.
- Attend Training: Finally, you will attend a four hour volunteer orientation that will take place over 2 weekday nights or on one weekend day. We hold trainings every 3-4 months. The next training session is TBD.